At the 2019 Children & Young People Now Awards, Just for Kids Law was highly commended in the Children & Young People's Charity Award category. This is a great achievement and testament to the wonderful work our team does every day to support and empower children and young people.
With 2019 drawing to a close, this is an amazing way to end a year in which we...
- Supported just over 1000 children and young people mainly across London but also beyond through our unique holistic casework providing youth advocacy, legal advice and representation and youth opportunities work.
- Made headlines by securing a Supreme Court judgment on the youth criminal records system, and with our legal challenge against the Home Office over use of children as spies.
- Supported the young activists from our Let us Learn campaign to found a brand new charity called We Belong to stand up for the rights of young migrants.
- Monitored government compliance with international children's rights agreements, and led on celebrations for the 30th anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Launched our School Exclusions Hub to increase provision of advice and representation for families with children facing exclusion.
In the new year we'll be publishing our Impact & Learning Report, giving a detailed account of how we work every day to empower children and young people and stand up for their rights.
We'd like to thank all our supporters and partners for making our work possible.