Trainee Youth Advocate – Full-Time Fixed Term 12-month post from September
Location: Based in Newham (Barking Road, London E16) with regular travel throughout East London boroughs and other Just for Kids Law offices
Salary: London Living Wage
We are looking for “the best and the brightest” graduates
Are you ready to commit to a life-changing challenge and gain advocacy experience, and valuable personal and leadership skills in the process?
Do you want to be part of an award-winning and law-changing organisation advocating for some of the most under-supported young people in London?
Just for Kids Law (JfKL) provides holistic support, representation and legal advice to under-supported and often isolated children and young people. In 2016, we launched Advocacy Year, our graduate scheme based loosely on other professional graduate schemes, to expand our holistic model of support into East London. Advocacy Year recruits recent graduates, who may be considering legal, policy, or youth related careers, to serve a year working as community-based Trainee Youth Advocates. Trainee Youth Advocates will:
- Complete an intensive training and immersion programme covering:
- Advocacy style;
- Child safeguarding;
- Legal knowledge in social welfare, education, youth justice and immigration; and
- Work in the community directly supporting young people in difficulty.
- Formally advocate for young people in legal and quasi legal proceedings such as Looked After Child reviews, Social Services assessments, school reintegration meetings, governing body meetings and school exclusion hearings.
- Be supervised by our team of in-house lawyers to ensure that young people are adequately supported across all their issues.
- Closing dates for applications: Tuesday 1st May 2018, 9am
- Date of Interviews: Week commencing 14th May 2018
- Start Date: Monday 3rd September 2018
If you are interested in applying please download and read the Recruitment Information and review the Role Description and Person Specification.
Find out more and download the application pack at our Advocacy Year page