A society where every child and young person has the best childhood and the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Just for Kids Law delivers holistic, client-led support to children and young people from crisis to stability and onwards into independence. We do this through our innovative, community-based legal representation, advocacy and opportunities programme. We drive systemic change through strategic litigation and policy reform. We aim to be the UK’s leading experts in youth justice law, sharing our knowledge, expertise and model across the UK and the world.
- Honest –We call it as it is and are true to ourselves, young people, and our word
- Dedicated – We stand by children & young people no matter what
- Centred on children and young people – We listen to children & young people with empathy and amplify their voice
- Imaginative – We are constantly looking for new approaches and solutions
- Fearless – We fight on behalf of children & young people and take on difficult challenges
- Non-judgemental – We seek to be inclusive, empathic and not to judge based on perceived standards or opinions
Our charity objectives:
To promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of the public, particularly children and young people in the UK and abroad, with particular regard to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, including by advancing the rights and needs of children through:
- Research, education, training, awareness-raising, and increasing understanding and knowledge
- Monitoring, advocating and promoting children’s human rights, including compliance at the national and international level
- The provision of specialist legal , advice, support and representation including taking legal action to prevent disadvantage, discrimination or exclusion
- The provision of advice, support and direct advocacy to children and young people, and promoting participation
- All other such lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of these aims.